Wednesday, January 16, 2019

Troublesome Tiles, and Working Multiple Pieces

The tile colors are not working out. They're either too artificial a green, or too flat in color (the tiles in the restaurant are glazed, and they have some visual depth), or too dark or yellowy. I'm trying to use a glazing medium and transparent pigments today but that doesn't help if the color is wrong. Not sure what to do.

Also, this photo is picking up a lot of glare from a nearby window.

Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Recently we had friends over for dinner, and the wife (who, like many of my friends) is an artist. She and I got into a conversation about productivity while I was showing her some of my latest stuff, and she mentioned that she usually has about twenty or thirty paintings in progress at any one time. This was reassuring to me, as I have other friends who don't understand why I have anywhere between 16 and 23 paintings in various states of completion. I just don't like to waste time waiting for the paint to dry on one piece' it makes more sense to put things aside when they're wet and work on something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment