Wednesday, October 30, 2019

13 Out Of 13

 In the last four or five weeks, I've worked on every one of the dessert paintings at least once. This morning I tackled the Crème Brûlée, finding a nice way to get that shadow-on-white color by mixing the new tube of Raw Umber (green shade) with Cobalt Blue and Titanium White. I've been thinking the series should stop at 15 paintings, but maybe 13 is enough?

There's a nice blue haze coming from the window on the left side of the reference photo, and I really need to include it though I'm not sure how to achieve that faint veil of blue over the table surface. That will be a problem for another day. The blue light accounts for the blueness on the plate and the actual sky reflection in the spoon.

Crème Brûlée, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment