Monday, October 21, 2019

Upping The Contrast

It looks like I haven't worked on this since August. Sometimes a painting gets to a very tedious place, and I just don't want to go there, or I don't have the necessary patience that day to do the hard work. But today I decided to amp up the contrast on the casing, which has been getting kind of banged around in recent months. The lower left corner is darker than it appears here, because there's some glare on the wet paint.

In Case Of Emergency,  © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Also: I put another layer of paint on the marbled tabletop surface below, and lightened the center of the dish.
 

Six Layer Indulgence, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment