Thursday, October 17, 2019

It Feels Good To Be Painting Again

Over the last several weeks, when there have been breaks in my painting schedule, I've toyed with the idea of just taking an extended sabbatical. I seemed to have run out of steam, and nothing in the studio looked appealing to work on. But over the past few days, I've felt more like it. I look at a piece and think, "Oh, I know what this needs!" and I mix up the paint and go at it. So all is well.

Here are the two I worked on this morning; of course, life has a way of throwing a monkey wrench into my good intentions, and I have to take the afternoon off to pick up any unsold paintings at a show in the country. So this might be it for today.

Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Again, the advice from the recent workshop has served well on the skin tones on the back. It's finally coming together.
 
And:
 
The Promise Of Evening, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Back to this one after an extended hiatus. Did a little work on the chin and experimented with light and shadow on the window frames.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment