Tuesday, September 29, 2020

I Am Going To Have To Stop Predicting When A Piece Will Be Finished

 The closer I get to finishing a piece, the more I find little places that need work. Case in point: the Banana Cream Pie painting, which needed me to go over the plate with more graduated color, and some of the background. And it's drying now, but it still needs highlights.

 

Banana Cream Pie, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  

And I did glaze over the wooden tabletop with Alizarin, and it did look very rich and deep, but when it dried a bit I realized it was too dark. So I've wiped away some of the glaze.

Two Spoons, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Today I'm working on a large personal piece, so I won't get to post until tomorrow at the earliest.

No comments:

Post a Comment