Friday, September 11, 2020

Something Old, Something New, and I Was Never Good At Math

So, I ended up taking yesterday off, and today I got back to work. This first one is a piece I thought I had finished, until I happily posted it on Instagram and then realized the shape of the plate was distorted. I worked on it for a long time this morning. It's better, but it still needs a bright highlight at the bottom of the plate.

Strawberry Shortcake, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Then I started a new piece in the vineyard series. Starting a new painting is always the most fun; it's the tedious later stages that make me want to avoid the easel. This will look better in a week or two.


    868 Winery, Virginia Vineyard Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)



Finally, after an hour of carefully painting lines on the door, I realized all of my original door measurements were wrong! I had a whole section on the left side that didn't exist, and the center of the door was off. So I had to cover over some lines, and now it's a mess. But the wonder of oil paint is that you can cover your mistakes, so once it's dry, I will do just that.

Variations On A Theme #2a, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment