Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Madness Of Painting Decorative Rings on Plates

 Yessir, painting these stupid rings is no fun, no fun at all. God help me if I ever photograph another dessert that's so beautiful I have to paint it, rings and all. 

Thankfully, these are close to being done. A few more sessions and they'll be finished. As I look around the studio, I realize it's possible I might finish 9 more pieces before the end of the year.

Banana Cream Pie, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 

 
Ile Flottante, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Moving on, I painted many many lines on this one earlier today; in the photo the wood has a sort of cherry color, so I've got to remember to float a glaze of Alizarin over it at some point.

Two Spoons, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And the highlight is done on this one:

 


Strawberry Shortcake, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment