Monday, November 2, 2020

A Very Green Day

 So, we had to set the clocks back an hour yesterday, and that always confuses me and makes me groggy for a couple of days. Then this morning the cat pushed me out of bed and that was even more confusing because he made me think it was later than it was and I felt guilty for getting up so late. Eventually I got the time figured out while working at the easel, but I stuck with the work for the whole day, using a mostly green palette.

I'm really really tired of painting the tiles on the one below, but in a few more sessions they'll be done. They just needed darker color in some places, more vivid green in others, and some work on the grout. There's about a million of them, and I want each one to look slightly different, like they were made by hand.

        Waiting At Le Diplomate,  © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   
 
Moving on, I picked up all three of the vineyards, mostly working with the deepest greens in an attempt to create a background to use as contrast with the lighter greens I'll add in the future.

868 Estate Winery, Virginia Vineyard Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   
 
Veramar Vineyards, Virginia Vineyard Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)    
 
Chrysalis Vineyards, Virginia Vineyard Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   


No comments:

Post a Comment