Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Irked

 Once I heard a story about an artist who was asked when he knew a piece was finished. He replied, "When somebody buys it and I take it down off the wall." That's pretty much how I feel. I took a look around the studio at the recently finished paintings, and there's not a single one of them that I don't feel could use a little redrawing, or a slight color change, or a straighter line somewhere. 

So, the one below has been bothering me. The right side of the tree just didn't look right, so I added some branches and leaves; I also painted some warmer leaves on the vines, hoping to amplify the sense of late afternoon sunlight:

 
Chrysalis Vineyards, Virginia Vineyard Series, © 2021 (click on image for larger view)    


Over the next couple of weeks, I think I'm going to make some other changes on old work.
Meanwhile, I strked some more wood grain on these two:


Hot Fudge Sundae I, Stress Eating Series, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 

Hot Fudge Sundae II, Stress Eating Series, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
This guy might be almost done:
 

Orson, Wall O' Cats Series, (work in progress) © 2021 (click on image for larger view)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment