Thursday, February 25, 2021

Studying

 I may have mentioned that I've been looking very hard at the work of other artists in the hopes of learning something. The painting below has been bothering me for quite a while; it's not far from being finished, but I've just felt stuck. Now I think I need to do a major overhaul. The sky's too dark and unnatural; the clouds that are lit up by the setting sun shouldn't be white, they should be a warmer, creamier color. The dark grey cloud bank could be a more interesting grey; maybe a violet grey. I think the ground color is working pretty well, but the distant trees need attention and more detail. So here's the last view of this one before I make major changes...

Rising Stars, Setting Sun,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   


No comments:

Post a Comment