Monday, April 19, 2021

One Of Those Days

The sporadic technology problems drive me crazy. And today there were two separate issues; no, three, actually... and I am so tired of it.

So I tried to calm down this morning and get into a Happy Zone, because it is impossible to paint when I'm riled up about something. I queued up some soothing music and got down to it at the easel, starting with one of the Hot Fudge Sundae paintings. Paying strict attention to the lighting on the whipped cream rather than slathering on the white paint proved beneficial; the cream looks more believable now, so that was satisfying.

Hot Fudge Sundae I,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

Moving on, I got tired of trying to tell myself it was okay for the raised brush strokes on the little sunset painting (the ones where the poplar tree had been) were okay; they were really not okay, and every time I looked at it it bugged me. So I bit the bullet and scraped off most of the most egregious ones with a tiny sharp blade, then repainted. I'll post the images below.

 

          As Far As The Eye Can See,  © 2021 (click on image for larger view)  

No comments:

Post a Comment