Thursday, February 24, 2022

A Painting Blog In Wartime

 How do you turn a blind eye to what's going on in Ukraine? I can't. This is meant to be a simple record of the advances and experiments and mistakes I make on a near-daily basis as I try to be the best painter I can be. But the unprovoked military attack of Vladimir Putin on its neighbor country can't be ignored this morning.The future looks grim for all of us.

While listening to CNN, I decided to plow ahead with the skaters painting; we can't allow ourselves to become immobilized with fear. The barely-controlled brushiness of the white/blue/grey paint application on the icy area was in tune with my mood. I will let it dry now and go back over it several times over the next couple of weeks in order to build a believable ice rink surface, complete with skate marks.

                         Winter Skaters #5, © 2022, work in progress (click on image for larger view)              


No comments:

Post a Comment