Tuesday, December 27, 2022

The Time Between Christmas and New Year's

 Historically, I have trouble doing anything of value in this dead-of-winter time. I am trying to force myself to paint, and am wondering if it's such a good idea; my head is not in the game and I may be making errors in judgement as far as color and brushwork are concerned. 

All of yesterday was devoted to poring through a Christmas gift of a Regency-era romantic novel, and unfortunately I looked up the premier writer of that genre, a Georgette Heyer, and ended up downloading one of her books after finishing the first one. So now I am mired in the intrigues of the Regency era (think Jane Austen) and am having trouble concentrating on painting. 

Nevertheless, I added a lot of foliage to:

                                 The Pond In The Woods, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)                 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment