Wednesday, October 4, 2023

Something New And Exciting

It's great when someone believes in your work. Years ago, I was fortunate to have Bill Gedney as my photography instructor; he was one of the few who noticed me and thought my work had value. I was sad to find that he had passed a while ago. 

One of the things Bill taught us was to not be frugal when shooting. This was not easy in those days, on a student budget; film and processing were not cheap! But he said, " Sometimes you have to shoot a hundred photos to get one good one."

Last week I stood on a street curb and shot 37 pictures before I got one that would actually work, and even then, I've had to move the dancing couple in the reference photo over to the right in Photoshop before I could get the composition to be its best.

This is a very rough block-in. More to come.


                                                                 Dance All Night, work in progress, (click on image for larger view)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment