Thursday, February 1, 2024

Finally Getting A Handle On The Rug

 The rug has gone through a number of permutations, but I think it's finally working. I liked the way some of the earlier paint layers were showing through in spots, particularly in the dividing lines between the rug colors, so I decided to add more. The reddish lines that separate the teals from the white also keep the lines from looking too sloppy.

It doesn't look like it here, but I toned down the teal color considerably; it was too assertive.

I've kept the thick underlying paint on the white area. I brushed over it with a pale grey and let it settle into the lower spots; it's giving the impression of texture.

                                                    Baby Needs Shoes, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment