Saturday, May 5, 2018

Progress, Or Just a Great Big Mess?

I need to soften the cloud edge reflections in the water. There are only a couple of places in the foreground where they're actually sharp. The colors slide into each other more gradually in the photo than they do in my painting, and I've got to figure out how to make it work. But I do think it's better than it has been.

Learned Pond, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
One more: I worked on this last night, mostly on the first girl on the left. I think her nose is too short, so will have to fix that the next time around. The lighting was from an overhead natural light lamp, but it gives me an idea of how the painting might look if I graduated the background.
 
The Chair, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment