Friday, May 4, 2018

This Painting Is Taking Forever

I think I started this in 2016. There's a huge amount of detail, a lot of lines that need to be painted absolutely straight, careful gradations, etc., so it takes a lot of time. If I work (like I did this afternoon) on multiple places on different areas of the picture plane, I have to stop and let everything dry for a few days so i won't smear the wet paint.

Evening Star CafĂ©, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Once it's done, I'm going to have to find a good home for it. Should I approach the restaurant owner? Should I offer it to one of my galleries? I don't know what's the best way to find the place where it will be most appreciated. Sending paintings that you've loved and worked on for a long time off into the world is like sending your kids away to college. Except you know you'll see your kids again.

No comments:

Post a Comment