Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Taping Off, and Red and Grey

If you look at the previous posting of Selfies, you can see how irregular the black window frames are. I got tired of looking at them this morning and taped off most of them, then painted them in a standard Ivory Black (which I'll modify with other colors over time) to neaten up the edges.

Taped:

Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
After painting:
Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Then I moved on to taping the top edge on this one and also working some detail in the lower left part of the window near the mannequins' feet: 
The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
And finally on to Emergency, since I already had some black, grey and red mixed for The Gauntlet. After a break I think I'll tape off a few edges on the Chrysler Building painting, and For Rent. Seems like that's the next logical step with those two anyway.

In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)



No comments:

Post a Comment