Wednesday, October 26, 2016

And a Few More Folks...

Rita's, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

This one has given me a lot of trouble. I sanded some visible brush strokes on the left side today and worked mainly on the signage and the trim just below it, trying to keep a steady hand as I painted the horizontal shadow lines on the trim. Painting the letters in the name "Rita's" is particularly difficult to do; the more layers of white you put down, the harder it is to control the shapes of the letters. And the multiple layers of white are necessary to cover any of the green color underneath. What really scares me is the tiny words that have yet to be painted in the lower green area on the sign: "ice," "custard," and "happiness."
Next time I do something like this I'll have to be smarter and plan ahead.


A Quiet Evening in Cambridge, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Lots more finessing to do on this one.



Whole Foods, © 2016, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Worked on the two panels on the right side, filling in background details.




No comments:

Post a Comment