Friday, February 10, 2017

Dion

I've been exposed to so much good art lately, really technically excellent work, and it's made me look more carefully at what I'm doing. As a result, I'm trying to make better decisions about everything: assessment of color, blending, drawing, choice of image size, background, etc.

I know I should be concentrating on the work that's supposed to go into upcoming shows, but yesterday I was thinking about this photo that I'd taken in 2012 at an Artomatic volunteer meeting. It's stuck in my head for years, and after looking at it last night I thought it might be the start of another series. This one will be of ordinary people in an 8" x 8" format.

Dion, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Hopefully the 8" square size will allow for a speedier finish. Now I just need to find other folks to pose for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment