Sunday, February 11, 2018

A Visit To The Evening Star

Friends asked if we wanted to meet them for dinner last night, and we said yes. It was the perfect combination of work and play: socializing with friends and getting better detailed reference for the painting I've been working on. When we arrived, there was a family with young kids sitting at the right side window table, but I foolishly waited to take to take photos until we left; by then they were gone. But I did get some very helpful interior shots (now I know what it is I'm painting on the back and side walls!).


On the way home, I saw what looked like a light installation, a tower of light, actually, across the Potomac River. It turned out to be the bottom third of the Washington Monument, swallowed up by fog and rain; only the lighted bottom portion was visible up to the cloud layer. Thought you might enjoy this fleeting moment, especially if you live outside the U.S. The monument is on the right— the bigger well-lit building in the center is the Lincoln Memorial.


No comments:

Post a Comment