Tuesday, February 27, 2018

The Sky At Dusk, And Penciling In

Last night I studied a lot of photos of the darkening sky, especially in cityscapes, and feel fairly confident that the colors I'm using for the Chrysler Building painting will be believable. There are actual websites devoted to understanding the difference between the Golden Hour and the Blue Hour; I think there's a perfume called "L'Heure Bleu," and it's such a great name I might appropriate it.

  Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

Of course, this is just the first coat. It'll look better as time goes on and I add more layers.

I also put in some pencil indications of where some of the design elements belong on this one:


  Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

However, there is sunlight in abundance today, and I'm going to give in to the lure of the garden for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment