Thursday, February 8, 2018

Grey, White And Black

Of the 14 paintings I've committed myself to this week, 13 have been worked on. I'm very much intimidated by In Case Of Emergency; it's a large piece and I'm trying to make it as photorealistic as possible so that when it hangs on a wall somewhere people will think it's an actual fire extinguisher in a real case. That means, though, that large areas that go from light shadows to darker ones have to be finessed, and I don't always have the patience or the inclination to spend 20 minutes carefully stroking and blending. Anyway, here's where it stands as of today:

In Case Of Emergency, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  
 
Also in the grey/white/black mode, coming down to the finish line on this one:
 
Protective Coloration, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

I think I might finish 5 paintings by the end of the month, barring unforeseen circumstances...Haha, we'll see if i can keep to that plan. There's always some small area that I've overlooked that needs attention.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment