Thursday, February 22, 2018

Dreams Of New York

I had an extended dream last night about starting to attend an independent study art class in a New York City grad school with an instructor who was a cartoonist (and not a very good one, at that). Dreamed the elevator to the 12th floor (where class was supposed to be held) took a long time, and when I got off I was in a room that looked like a deserted factory that had graffiti everywhere. Also, there was a St. Patrick's Day parade going on outside my hotel room window. The dreams were vivid and full of detail; might have something to do with the fact that I've been watching Amazon's Mozart In The Jungle.

Anyway, I woke up and decided to get down to the basement studio right after coffee. There are 7 paintings down there now that I'm semi-excited to work on; I think the recent school shooting massacre took a lot of energy out of me last week. It's incredibly depressing. Australia solved its mass shooting problem; why can't we?

So I put in a few more details on Chrysler Building, Dusk, and did some happy work on The Gauntlet. Here's this morning's work:
 The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

  Chrysler Building, Dusk, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  



No comments:

Post a Comment