Thursday, February 21, 2019

Every. Single. Wall Tile.

So, now that I'm happy with the general color of the wall tiles, I'm going in and painting each separate tile.Some of them are picking up yellow-ochre reflections from the room; others have intrinsic light and dark spots, some have direct sunlight on them coming from the skylights. Then they're edged in a light color grout, and they also have darker edges.

Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Well, painting that took the entire morning, and then I was asked to provide business-related information for the tax man, and chasing all of that stuff down took most of the afternoon. It's amazing how complicated it can be to just simply try to download a file to print. Here's some of what went wrong:

Password did not work for bank website; needed to answer multiple security questions just to reset
Bank website generally confusing
End-of-year tax document unavailable
Wi-Fi suddenly not working with printer

It's extremely frustrating to spend hours working on this stuff and not creating art.

I finally planned to move on to the fire extinguisher painting, but when i put it on the easel and bumped it up to work on the lower half, the tiny granular bits of paint that I mentioned in an earlier posting were glaringly obvious. I sanded them off, but now I have to re-paint the whole darn bottom half. I should mention tht the brand I switched to, Gamblin, has been performing perfectly, and I've had no problems with bits of unmilled paint since I started using it. I will never go back to the other brand.

In Case Of Emergency, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment