Friday, November 22, 2019

Porch And Pillars

The architectural paintings are always a pain in the neck. A lot of artists say, "well, I'm never going to get the line straight anyway, so I might as well just put it down in a sketchy manner," and go their way. Why it's important to me to make the line straight as possible, I don't know, but there it is. So I struggled today with the lines of the windows and ceiling and door on the porch as well as the pillars (which, besides needing straight edges, also taper from top to bottom). Though the painting looks like it's done, it's not. Much more to do.

L'Auberge Provençale, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

 I also attacked the grassy front lawn, if attacked is the right word. Here I'm taking some pointers from my abstractist friends and laying the paint down in brushy layers.

No comments:

Post a Comment