Thursday, November 21, 2019

Utilizing The Fan Brush

Last week I watched a video of watercolor artist Judy Wengrovitz painting a scene that looked like it was set in the Rocky Mountains. She used a fan brush to create grasses in the foreground, and she held the brush vertically, not horizontally. This should not have been a revelation to me, but it was; I'm not always the brightest bulb on the string.

Anyway, this morning I decided to use a small, rather stiff fan brush on the wood grain below (holding it on the diagonal, of course):

Cherry Cobbler, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Earlier I used the same palette as in Hot Fudge Sundae II to work on the wood grain here: 

Hot Fudge Sundae I, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment