Friday, August 14, 2020

Interruptions

 The refrigerator conked out again; it does this every so often, but lately it's happened every month. It causes huge problems, as I'm sure you can imagine. So most of the morning was wasted with trucking food around. 

Here's what I did on the big painting: clearly the guy's head is too small right now, so I'll fix that next time. But I sketched in the bottles, and am experimenting with the color of the back wall.

Unfinished Business II, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 Later, I looked at the dessert paintings lined up in the hall, and decided the Banana Cream Pie painting was pretty close to being done, so why not work on that? Haha! Once on the easel I realized my mistake. For one thing, the green rings on the plate are painstakingly tedious. And there are three of them. And they have to be "drawn" correctly. I painted and repainted, trying to get the angles to match. I still have one more ring to put into place, close to the outer one.


Banana Cream Pie, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment