Saturday, June 19, 2021

And It's Not Even July, Yet

 Every July I try to remember to pull this one out of the stack and get back to work on it so it'll be ready for the Christmas/Holiday season. It has a Christmasy theme, what with all the decorated greenery and all. When did I start it? Was it seven years ago? Ten? Anyway, I did A LOT of repainting today, mostly on the weirdly lit ceiling, but here and there as well. And I saw things I haven't noticed before: The guy's head is too small for his body. The blue sweater could be much improved with gradations from the lighter blues to the darker shadows. An object that I'd painted turned out not to be an object at all, but a reflection on the window.

If I don't finish it this calendar year, I'm throwing it out. 

Or painting over it.


            A Quiet Evening In Cambridge II,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)      

No comments:

Post a Comment