Monday, November 22, 2021

Repair Job

Back when I was anxiously preparing for the art festival, I made a mistake with the satin varnish: I didn't shake the bottle before applying a layer to this painting, and when the varnish dried, it left white patches here and there. I was able to clean off most of them, but some tiny particles settled into some deeper spots in the canvas. So today I repainted, trying to match the colors as closely as possible, because it's a pretty decent painting overall, and I didn't want to ruin the subtlety of the color changes.

                        Sky Series B-8, Dancers, © 1993, (click on image for larger view)  

No comments:

Post a Comment