Wednesday, November 3, 2021

Notations, and Dealing With Chaos

 First, I started the workday with making some color notations on the Molten Chocolate piece. That went well enough, and they give me a place to start on the next, more serious go-around.


                          Molten Chocolate With Gelato, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)      

But then I ran into the chaotic pattern on the rug in the one below. I came up with some solutions for it:

1.  Simplify. Take out some of the clutter.

2. Knock out the white areas; they draw the eye too much.

3. Mute the colors.

4.  Use larger patches of color rather than smaller ones.


                          Baby Needs Shoes, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)      

I think I need to bring in some muted blues and violets to keep the painting from being too monochromatic.

No comments:

Post a Comment