Friday, January 19, 2018

Obsessed

My usual plan for the work week is to spend some time on each of the works in progress, and today I was supposed to get back to In Case Of Emergency and The Chair. But every time I look at The Gauntlet, I find something else that I want to paint, right away! I feel like a woman obsessed.

Today I really wanted to apply color to the first mannequin on the left, and then that led to delineating the reflections of the building across the street and lightening up the color of the window frame.

 The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

The order of new panels from Ampersand arrived yesterday, and once again I am greatly impressed with the way they package their products for shipping. It's a work of art in itself. I have three more new paintings planned; had better finish something soon... But mostly I want to knock out the distracting white areas on this one, and bring a sense of unity to it.



No comments:

Post a Comment