Friday, July 27, 2018

A Major Color Shift?

I'm still mulling this one over— I'll have to live with it for a few days before deciding whether to keep the new wall color or revert to the old one. The young couple was sitting in a cafe, and the walls were painted a sort of coffee-and-cream color. It was warm and welcoming, but it bothered me for some reason. I pulled out my old Pantone chips and tried out a few things (in my head), finally settling on this blue-grey. I think it unifies the painting but maybe looks too somber, yet I don't want to go with a brighter blue...

For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Here's the original color:
For Rent, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
I also decided to get rid of that dark vertical bit of wall trim that you see on the right side, and extend the design elements to the edge of the panel. And to make the wall trim in the center of the image, the one that divides the couple, much thinner. But I'll have to weigh the options. 

No comments:

Post a Comment