Friday, July 6, 2018

Toning Down The Red

The brightness of the red throughout this painting has been bothering me, so I thought i'd try a thin wash of green over a couple of the areas. It's working in some spots, but I don't like it in others (the vertical element on the right) but maybe that's because it has a little white in it, too.

I did work on the head of the striding woman, making the hair darker and adding a little blue to reflect the color of the sky. Also some detail around the eyes.

The Gauntlet, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And I spent about an hour on the middle panel at the top, below, creating the reflected details from the trees and stuff across the street.

Selfies, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment