Monday, July 30, 2018

The Water Is Driving Me Crazy, and Fun Fur

Painted/repainted the top left corner to about 4 inches down. Very tedious stuff. But it looks more believable and less haphazard.

Finding A Shell, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Meanwhile: the last time I wrote about this piece, I called it "recreational painting." I actually do feel that way; it's so fun and relaxing to work on these little cat paintings. I enjoy trying to emphasize the sculptural qualities, and stroking on the fur is pure pleasure. Maybe I should just do cat portraits from now on! Unfortunately, I don't know many cats who are looking to have their portraits painted, and they tend not to have a disposable income.

 
Grey Tuxedo Cat, © 2018, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment