Monday, August 5, 2019

Venting: Why Were There So Few Women Artists?

I'll tell you why. Because they were always taking care of everybody else's needs, that's why. Why did my career get off to such a late start, and why am I so upset today? Same thing: taking care of everybody else's needs. The painting gets pushed off to the side, because, hey; it's NOT IMPORTANT. Right?

Don't ask me.

After this morning's work, I had to leave the house to take care of someone else's needs and as
a result lost my momentum, concentration, whatever. I got back to the easel afterwards but have just been making mistake after mistake so I'm taking a break. Sorry for the crankiness, it's just been a lifelong problem and I just needed to vent.

The Gauntlet, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Worked the right side, many of the feet/shoes, and the little sign on the easel. Oh, and the camel coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment