Monday, February 17, 2020

A Blitz Of Loose Painting

I went crazy this morning; the expected "interruption" never materialized, and I've been feeling guilty about not doing any work last week, so I threw myself into things right after getting out of bed. Here's what's happened so far:

After Eaton, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

On the one above, I took out the treetops on the left. In the earlier version, there was a discrepancy between the height of the trees on either side of the piece, with the ones on the right coming out of the ground in the same place as the left ones but markedly smaller. I think I got carried away with the clouds. More work to do on this one!

As yet unnamed, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

This cloudy painting is experimental. I don't know whether to keep the sky as the main focal point, or bring in some trees to the foreground and make them play the major part.I'm using big brushes, but they're not big enough; I find cleaning them to be a chore and have ruined many a large brush in my time, but I have a system in place now that should make it easier. Or I might use a palette knife!

Next:

A Sunset For Karla, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Making a foundation for the trees that will be going in soon. Still have to tamp that wild color down a bit.
Light And Shadow, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
Added some more blue to the shadows. I'm impatient for the paint to dry on this one so I can get back into the lighter areas.

No comments:

Post a Comment