Thursday, July 16, 2020

Inch By Inch

My ten year old MacBook alerted me a couple of days ago that it was time to back up the hard drive, but when i tried to do so I got the Spinning Pinwheel Of Death, over and over again, no matter how hard I tried to get around the problem. So I spent all of yesterday transferring files to the new computer, which has been sitting idle for the last several weeks. This was no small task, since the Mac refused to acknowledge the backup external drive. I had to use thumb drives and other, older external HDs. Around 1 a.m. I decided to stop and went to bed.

Today the old machine is running most things comfortably, as long as I don't try to back up. So I've been able to view my reference photos and use the internet to upload this file, and that's fine.

I've decided to inch along on the parts of Selfies that I never liked; this was one of several paintings that I had rushed to completion for a show, and was never comfortable about since. Today's work was adding some detail and depth to the center-left area.

Selfies, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment