Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Still Not Motivated

Yesterday was a complete washout. I wiped the Le Diplomate waiter painting clean, pulled up the reference photo, stared at them both for a while, and then got up and left the studio for the rest of the day. I don't know if it's the political situation, or the oppressive heat, or the pandemic, or my painful knee, or just laziness, but I don't feel like painting. Or doing anything else, for that matter. Ended up taking a 2-3/4 hour nap and working late into the night on some lingering technological issues with the computers.

Today I worked on some painstakingly tiny details on the bottles behind the bartender. The tiles are under control for now, so I felt it was time to do something else; if I'm lucky and I work hard, this painting might be finished in 2022. From 5 feet away, it's actually quite handsome.

Waiting At Le Diplomate, © 2020, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment