Tuesday, August 3, 2021

A Pink Palette, and Some News

Today I wanted to move forward on a very small piece that I started years ago; because I have multiple shows coming up in the fall, I need to avoid entering the same piece in more than one. There are two small works exhibits in the latter part of the year, so I need a couple of strong paintings for them. In this one, I concentrated on the facial tones, and then when I moved on to the last little Postcard, I was able to use the same palette. 

The news is that Evening Star Cafe has won an honorable mention in the Gallery Underground "Magic of The Ordinary" national show.

                        Expectation III, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

 


                 Postcard #15, Tidal Basin,  © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment