Tuesday, August 17, 2021

Not The Most Successful Day

 I squeezed out a palette that included some of the radiant colors and with some excitement sat down to work on the roses, but I just don't know what I'm doing. I can't seem to get the structure of the blossoms right; I know there's a compact ball of petals, but as they move away from that center things get weird. Then there's a bluish light source, and I can't get it to work on the petals. I gave up in frustration after a while.

                        

                               Somerville Roses, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)   

 Strangely enough though, at a distance it looks alright.

 Moving along, I used the pinks on the girl in the hoodie below, and added some greens and blues to it for the pavement.


                             Another 4th Street, © 2021, work in progress (click on image for larger view)             



No comments:

Post a Comment