Wednesday, August 16, 2017

America Series: The Feminine Side (So Far)

So far, I have 9 paintings in the America series, 5 of which are women or girls. I'm going to feature the 3 that I worked on today in this post, and follow with the two that are finished. I know Blogspot posts go out to everyone, all over the world, and I wanted to show visitors to my blog a good representation of who we are, us Americans, as a people.

Mehri, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Mehri is an immigrant who came to the USA many years ago from Iran. She is a patriotic American who owns her own business.


Caitlyn, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Caitlyn is 9 years old, and a student in the Washington DC Area. I love her colorful dress, her beautiful smile, and the way she's playing with the hem of her dress.

Anne, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Anne lives in California. She has a disability that requires her to use a wheelchair for mobility; she is brilliant at writing and enjoys sketching.

Susana, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Susana is a dentist. She is also an immigrant, and I have to find out which country she's from. She graduated from Harvard University, which is really something to be proud of.

Veronica, © 2017, (America series) work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Vero, as she likes to be called, is an artist; a printmaker, actually.

I'm pleased with the series so far, though it's very hard to get a decent likeness!  And as soon as I get the first 9 or 10 done, I'm going to start another 10.







No comments:

Post a Comment