Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Top Down, Left to Right, Subduing the Color

Lots got accomplished today, all to the background sounds of the press conference. I worry about my country. What happened in Charlottesville was bad enough, but now this. Everyone is talking about a failure of moral leadership.

Anyway, I worked from the top down on Le Diplomate. There's still SO much to be done, all those little bottles for example. It's been a difficult piece, but I'm content with the way it's going.

Saturday Night At Le Diplomate, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I'm still trying to tighten up the left side on this one. There are many areas that move subtlely from one color to another, like red-orange to brown to pale green. They're fun to paint, though they take a long time to finesse.

Evening Star CafĂ©, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

And, I got back to the flesh tones on this one. They are very hard to mix accurately, so it's going to look odd for a while until I figure out what pigments to use. I also toned down the red shirt on the young woman center left, and the two on the right.

The Chair, © 2017, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment