Saturday, December 30, 2017

That Strange Lull Between Christmas and New Year's

Usually time seems to slow down in the week after Christmas, and it's no different this year; in fact, because of the frigid weather gripping the east coast of the U.S., I feel even more immobilized than usual. All I want is to snuggle in my cozy chair with a good book and a mug of hot chocolate. But despite the fact that my hurt wrist isn't getting better (I'm probably going to have to see the doctor about that) I managed to stretch a canvas in preparation for the new work I want to start right after the New Year. Here it is on the easel, waiting for a couple of coats of gesso:

And here's the reference photo for what's going to go on it:

 Untitled, © 2018 (click on image for larger view)


No comments:

Post a Comment