Tuesday, May 28, 2019

A Plethora Of Paintings

I have been working here and there on small areas lately; just haven't been posting.

Closing Up, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Maybe this one is done now.  You probably don't see much of a change in the red lanterns, but after several layers of red, orange, and yellow paint, I'm satisfied now.

Next:

Tuesday, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I did a lot of work on the left side, adjusting the color and shading of the walls. Also the chairs below the bar on the left.

Pot de Creme, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Played with the color of the paper tablecloth and the saucer. Also deepened some areas on the chocolate.

Mocha Treat, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I'm starting the wood grain on this.
 
Selfies, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Trying to guess at what may have been behind the central horizontal bar that I removed is challenging; I worked the right side and added some deeper blacks in shadowy places. Also attempted to coordinate the light and shadow areas on the purple sweater.

Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
Catastrophe! A metal rod scratched the paint off in the upper left-hand corner; on closer inspection, it only took off the paint and did not gouge the aluminum surface. This means: I can scrape the paint off if I like! So I have much more freedom to apply the paint and ten remove it where I need to! Catastrophe turns into useful knowledge.

 
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment