Saturday, May 11, 2019

Some Saturday Painting

Yesterday yielded two more photos of desserts for the series, as I had another lunch out with a friend who had just arrived from down south. One is a glorious Crème Brûlée and the other a Smith Island Banana Cake. But today I worked on these two:

Mocha Treat, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

I have been paying close attention to the words of Scott Waddell in his videos, and feel like I'm learning a lot. He talks in great detail about the minutiae of what he's doing, and I understand now why his portraits look so real. Anyway, I've been using shorter strokes, keeping the paint away from the ferrule as much as  possible (this isn't something he talks about, it's just what I've observed), and thinking constantly about the balance between chroma, hue, and value.

Most of the work on the above has been on the whipped cream, with a little on the glass container.

Also:

Hot Fudge Sundae II, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

Have got some gardening to do this afternoon, despite a few sprinkles; later I hope to get to some of the figurative work and try out the new ideas for skin tones. I already have the palette set up.


No comments:

Post a Comment