Thursday, May 30, 2019

Darkening The Corners

The concept behind this painting is that the young man is in a spot of light, with dark corners surrounding him. So today I mixed up some indigo and a few other dark blues and went at it. I'm painting each stroke with the greatest of care, trying to keep their edges clean and not hairy looking; aiming always for a sense of fluidity.
Coming Of Age In The Year 2018, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
I'll have to make the central portion significantly lighter.

Went back to this; people say that you don't have to be so specific about every little detail because the eye will fill in... but I don't see that working here. Plus, I went too dark on those clouds.
 
Sky Series, B-21, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment