Wednesday, May 8, 2019

An Online Painting Course

Lately it seems all I do is complain about my inability to paint accurate skin tones, and today I realized it's been a major detriment to painting in general. Many of my current pieces feature people, and I've stopped working on some of them because I'm so unsure of how to go forward. So this afternoon I signed up for an online course with an artist whose painting I admire, Scott Waddell. I've been considering his tutorials for a while, and decided it was time to jump in with both feet.

His instruction makes a lot of sense, and what I've seen so far, coupled with a podcast about artist Nick Alm and his work, has made me rethink how to move ahead on a bunch of things I've set aside, especially this one:

The Chair, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

No comments:

Post a Comment