Friday, June 28, 2019

When In Doubt, Dessert

The farm at dusk painting has been on my mind lately; the more I look at it, the more I think the sky needs to be darkened considerably on the left side. And I don't like the heavy clouds. They need to be broken up a little so that some of the sky can come through. So this means I need an unbroken period of time, at least two hours, so I can assess the problems, mix the paint properly, and work wet-in-wet on both the sky and the clouds at the same time.

That is not going to happen today.

I did work on the red parts of the strawberry shortcake painting:
  Strawberry Shortcake, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)

It's going to be a lot of fun to work on those glazes. Meanwhile, the France/U.S. soccer game is about to start! Until next posting...

No comments:

Post a Comment