Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Women's World Cup Soccer

The soccer games are a nice distraction from the dearth of good news. I used to play soccer, so I feel like I'm down on the field sometimes when I watch the action. Right now England is dominating Japan, but Japan has a great goalie.

So. I finally dealt with the subtle change in value at the top area of this one:

The Gauntlet, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And also cleaned up some details here and there.
 
The surface of this one is great fun to work on, since it's kind of marble-y. I'm trying to get the color of the paper napkin right; it's somewhere between a grey and a brown.
 
Crème Brûlée, Guilty Pleasures Series, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
And, more darkening of the sky. It's hard to get the color right of the post-sunset sky at the horizon.
 
Variations On A Theme #5, © 2019, work in progress (click on image for larger view)
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment